Alternative Services Additional Services Caskets
Our Funeral Home recognizes that our community is comprised of diverse preferences of religion,
philosophies and beliefs. You will find our firm is responsive to your needs and wishes. By offering a wide range of services, each family has the ability to create a meaningful and appropriate way to remember their loved one.
We encourage families to bring favorite things to the visitation, which gives others a chance to share and remember.
When a death occurs, there are certain criteria, mandated by law, which must be recognized and requirements fulfilled as a routine matter. Beyond this, the coordination of services and disposition choices are determined by the family. Our staff of licensed Funeral Directors will assist you and offer any guidance you may require.
The following are services our Funeral Directors will assist you with:
- The transfer of the deceased from the place of death to the funeral home
- Professional care of the deceased, which may include sanitary washing, embalming, dressing, hairdressing, cosmetology, and casketing
- An arrangement conference with the family to plan specific details for the funeral
- Locating the deceased's doctor to sign a death certificate; then filing this certificate at the local health department; obtaining the requested amount of certified death certificates for the family
- Obtaining all necessary permits and authorizations, as required.
- Preparing an obituary to be placed in any newspapers requested by the family
- Contacting local cemeteries or crematory, as required
- Notifying family members or friends
- Providing the family with a pre-paid phone card to contact people who live outside the local area
- Providing a location for visitation and funeral ceremony, in addition to a gathering lounge for friends and family
- Care and arrangement of floral pieces, and delivery to the family's residence after the funeral
- Arranging for Pallbearers and motor equipment, including limousines, as required
- Ordering special floral pieces at the family's request
- Arranging for Cash Advances for cemetery expenses, clergy honorariums, music, funeral escorts, and custom acknowledgments
- Contacting Fraternal or Military organizations to take part in the ceremony
- Arranging for a personalized remembrance package, consisting of a register book, memorial folders, acknowledgments, an assistance guide, and a cross/crucifix
- Assist with Social Security and Veteran benefits
- Coordinate a monument/memorial that will be a lasting tribute to the life lived
- Assist in the selection of a casket and burial vault
- Filing of life insurance claims
If a family chooses not to have a service with burial or entombment, we offer cremation options, immediate burial plans, and anatomical donation.
Why Funerals Are Important
- Initiates the grieving process
- Acknowledges the importance of a life that has been lived
- Can be personalized to allow mourners to remember and honor their loved one in ways that are special and meaningful
- Serves as a central gathering place for family and friends to give emotional and physical support to one another
- Provides closure for the bereaved
- Confirms the reality and finality of the death
- Encourages mourners to face the pain of their loss and express their thoughts and feelings
- Helps survivors to better cope with their grief and assist in enabling them to move on with their lives
- Provides a context for expression of religious and other beliefs
- Grief shared is grief diminished--and grief denied is grief delayed
Our funeral home offers cremation options, advance planning, and grief recovery programs.
We also provide local churches and civic organizations availability to our Speakers Bureau--in which we can discuss a wide array of topics related to anything from Advance Funeral Planning to Veteran & Social Security Benefits to Living Wills.
Our funeral home offers a variety of merchandise for your selection. Merchandise may be viewed at our funeral home or one of our Advanced Planning Professionals can bring photographs to your home.
Consult your Funeral Director or Advance Planning Professional regarding the following ways to help make the funeral you are arranging more meaningful:
- Casket Engravings
- Commemorative Panels
- LifeSymbols Corners
- Permanent Memorials
- Memory Safe Drawer
- Memory Frame Panels
- Living Memorial Program
Top | Home | Go Back